• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Turtlebeach xp500 vs Tritton warhead - Which?  (Read 10302 times)

Offline coolrunninja

• View Profile
Turtlebeach xp500 vs Tritton warhead - Which?
« on: 09:21 PM - 06/12/11 »
Planning to buy one of these headsets in the near future. Both are unreleased but look awesome.

Has anyone been following these? If so, which would you get?

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
  • PSN ID: a50lbDong
Re: Turtlebeach xp500 vs Tritton warhead - Which?
« Reply #1 on: 12:05 AM - 06/13/11 »
They both look good... no frequency response specs. Currently have the tb wired x11s which im happy with but ppl keep praising other more expensive headphones. I want to try at least a set of the 5.1 headphones and see if my spacial awareness really improves that much with them. I know a built in eq would help though so i could juice lets say 500hz for better footsteps especially in gamemodes with a lot of noise like tdm and dom. Still skeptical on how well the surround works in headphones though... and if a lot of these games are really mixxed in surround or are they just using some algorythm to separate the channels. (Like prologic) though then again im thinking in terms of movies and music audio while game audio is a whole different beast that i really know nothing about. Maybe its time for me to do some research ey? Anyway done thinking out loud in a run on sentence.

OP both those headsets look very exciting to me... cant wait till more info is released on them.
... 30 FPS is not a design choice, It's a failure ...

Offline Magic F1NGERZ

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Magic F1NGERZ
  • PSN ID: MagicF1NGERS
« Reply #2 on: 12:53 AM - 06/13/11 »
Triton ax pro, or sharkoon x-tatic digital 5.1 ftw. Both exact same performance. Best I have listened to. Don't be con'd into stereo headphones that do virtual 5.1. Mate of mine bought $300 turtle beaches, wireless with batteries. Every few hours he has to change them lol

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #3 on: 07:27 AM - 06/13/11 »
conned...rofl? tbh i think turtle beach are a waste of time to being with...but you really cant get better then a set of high quality audiophile grade cans coupled with a mixamp.

currently using Senhiesser HD600's with a Fiio e7 and Mixamp. Ive owned and used more 5.1 headsets, stereo headsets then I can count including the Sharkoons. for Films, Music, gaming and anything headset audio related similar types of setups are always going to be FAR better then any 5.1 solution I've seen to date.
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:15 AM - 06/13/11 »
conned...rofl? tbh i think turtle beach are a waste of time to being with...but you really cant get better then a set of high quality audiophile grade cans coupled with a mixamp.

currently using Senhiesser HD600's with a Fiio e7 and Mixamp. Ive owned and used more 5.1 headsets, stereo headsets then I can count including the Sharkoons. for Films, Music, gaming and anything headset audio related similar types of setups are always going to be FAR better then any 5.1 solution I've seen to date.

yes i agree

the two headsets, xp500 and the tritton are ofc not bad, but for the price you pay the value is just not appropriate
a headphone priced at 60-80$ offers the same if not better sound
the only reason why turtlebeach and tritton can price it that high is cause of their "reputation" and the lack of competitors for console headsetsand
PS4 | C:MS | XIM Edge | 0824EX | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: QCK+ | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red | A: AKG K701 Asus Xonar Essence ST Antlion Modmic | M:G400 | D:3600 | P:500 | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:06 AM - 06/13/11 »
another reason they do so well is because the seem to provide an all round solution for console audio systems. pay just for one product which will provide much better quality audio for consoles. granted not the best but I think even some of the 10 headsets I can get from my local store provide better audio then the standard xbox headset.

I think many people just dont have the time or dont actually bother to research. alot of people see / hear about what they see priced up in stores like GAME (uk chain store fille with turtle beach crapware). thats all I ever hear my cousins, nephews, friends talk about.
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline BillyBootleg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:23 AM - 06/13/11 »
Triton ax pro, or sharkoon x-tatic digital 5.1 ftw. Both exact same performance. Best I have listened to. Don't be con'd into stereo headphones that do virtual 5.1. Mate of mine bought $300 turtle beaches, wireless with batteries. Every few hours he has to change them lol
Tell him to get better rechargable batteries! I have the wireless TBs and I replace my rechargable batteries every 2 days with probably 4 hours each day.

Offline Magic F1NGERZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:37 PM - 06/14/11 »
We usually play 8 hours straight, so that would be right. I have a pair of ad700s through a yamaha receiver with silent cinema enhanced dolby for stereo headset. If you are after the best possible audio. That's is the best set up I have ever heard. But if you want 3d positional. Eg listening to a guy running toward you and be able to hear where he is before seeing him, true 5.1 dolby head sets. Not the gimmick virtual you are talking about. The Sharkoon sx and sp will not give the same result as the digital 5.1s.based on my personal experiences. I don't mind if you think otherwise coz I will hear where you are before you hear me. Lol

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:23 AM - 06/15/11 »
as if that small difference actually matters :)
i guess no one of us is planning to play pro series, at least not with xim3 on consoles
therefore it doesnt matter if a headset lets you track 90% or 99%
for me the audioquality matters the most
i want some nice surrounding next to the tracking, and thats where console headsets lack the most
they re all made for positioning and they arent even awesome in that
PS4 | C:MS | XIM Edge | 0824EX | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: QCK+ | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red | A: AKG K701 Asus Xonar Essence ST Antlion Modmic | M:G400 | D:3600 | P:500 | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #9 on: 10:47 AM - 06/15/11 »
It would have to be a pretty cold day in Hell before I'd pay those kinds of prices for Mad Catz or Turtle Beach products.
PS4 / Xbox One / PS3 / Xbox 360
XIM Edge / Logitech G13 / Razer Imperator 2012
Astro Mixamp 5.8 / Sennheiser PC360

Offline Magic F1NGERZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:25 PM - 06/15/11 »
Gee, I dont know what you guys have actually tried if you don't think they are any good at positioning. Because, I will upload a bunch of kills into my file share where people claim I am a hacker because I am tracking peoples movement within buildings and behind walls and shooting before they come onto my screen and getting the kill. I could never do that with my stereo headset. People reckon I must be able to see them through walls with some sort of hack, but would know if they watched the replay theatre, that its only when people aren't using ninja pro.

In saying that, I do miss my AD700s for the sheer audio gold they produce. the clarity is unsurpassed by any other stereo headset I have heard (That I could afford) and the detail is extraodinary. I just wish someone would develop a speaker driver that was small and could produce that sort of detail into a 5.1 set up.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:54 AM - 06/16/11 »
just use the stereo headset with the mixamp or a better amp of your choice

the positioning is equal if not better than tritton and friends

and again it doesnt matter on weather you can hear 5mm farer or not in the game, in the end your gaming skills decide over win or lose

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:37 PM - 06/16/11 »
im sorry but ive been using my friends tritton 5.1's and i pulled out my sharkoon xtatics 5.1 just to try and find out what exactly i was missing.

to put it simple those headsets are TERRIBLE. really the sound is so frikkin bad its unreal compared to my regular setup. i really dont understand how people can even call these headsets any good? i mean I got both pairs infront of me and my HD 600's with a mixamp. the difference in sound quality is HUGE. whats the fuss about audio position too? my HD600 pickup footsteps FAR better then either my sharkoons or the trittons...the placement is incredibly good too. just as good as the sharkoons/trittions if not better due to the better sound.
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline modwarfare

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Arrow of Ares
« Reply #13 on: 10:06 AM - 06/17/11 »
I think that one of the 25 pg headset threads should be stickied in general discussion because this topic comes up so often on so many various threads

Offline CaptSackJparrow

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • CaptSackJparrow's YouTube
  • Gamertag: CaptSackJparrow
« Reply #14 on: 10:11 AM - 06/17/11 »
I use the TB X41's. Just got them about 4 months ago. They work ok but I do not recommend them. Everyone in my party says I sound like darth vader randomly. You get a good bit of interference from wireless devices. They cut in and out randomly. Just my thoughts on wireless TB's.
Don't put down the bottle... just tape it to the back of the shield and put a straw in it.  WIN!