• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: is XIM3 really that worth it?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
is XIM3 really that worth it?
« on: 08:03 PM - 07/14/11 »
Well, my situation is a little different. I dont suck with a controller but where i came from is Counter Strike.
I was debating if XIM3 is really worth it. I play black ops on Xbox 360, mostly play TDM and i am ranked 100 for all-time in tdm with 5.60 k/d and 30.00 w/l ratio (with 150,000 kills)

the issue i have now is, if i should drop my controller skill and go back to kb+m
- Setup -

Platform : Xbox / PC | Xim3
Monitor : Dual ASUS VN247H-P
Mouse : Deathadder 2013 | Deathadder BE
Pad : Razer Goliathus Speed
Keyboard : Filco Majestouch-2 Ninja
Amplifier : Astro Mixamp Pro | Matrix M-Stage
Headphones : HiFiMan HE-400 | Sennheiser PC360 | Astro A40
Speakers : KRK Rokit RP5 G2 | KRK 10s

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
Re: is XIM3 really that worth it?
« Reply #1 on: 08:17 PM - 07/14/11 »
FYI, i can get host 99% of the time. So thanks for trolling.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1262121753.png
- Setup -

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:19 PM - 07/14/11 »
If you come from a pc background and played games such as counter strike you will definitely want to try out a xim3. I was a controller convert too when I picked up xim1. I had been a pc gamer (bf series, UT, Tac Ops, CS, Tribes) who switched to console and had no issues using a controller after 3 or 4 years. There was a transition period going from controller back to mouse and keyboard, but I will never look back. It's worth it.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline iroc42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:19 PM - 07/14/11 »
lol sorry but there is no way you can get a 5.60 k/d  on Black Ops unless you boost. The connection problems in BO are well known and there is no way you can consistently get that k/d ration unless you cheat. Just call it like I see it.

Let's pretend for a minute that you don't boost or cheat. I said pretend. Why would you need to use a mouse and keyboard if your stats are legit ?

Why so hostile bro? His question was legit. Do you go around in life calling @#$% on everything? My 12 year old godson has a 3.5+ kd/r with a controller lol. And hes asking because like he said he came from a CS:Source background?

It depends Maxx. Once buying the Xim you'll probably find yourself needing more investments in order to fully replicate the PC experience. Means to hook up to a hdmi or hdmi to dvi monitor. Getting it set on a computer desk etc etc. It's definitely worth the investment if kb/m is more natural to you. But if you really are content with your performance now the jump doesnt seem necessary. Unless of course your just itching to burn some cash. Good luck!

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:24 PM - 07/14/11 »
Thanks for the input mist4fun and iroc42.

I think im just really curious to try it and i play my xbox on a computer monitor so all the stuff i need i have already
- Setup -

Offline iroc42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:27 PM - 07/14/11 »
np. dont mind maxx. seems a lot of ximmers on these forums become pretty arrogant after swapping back to kb/m. anyone with a higher kd/r than them has to be a booster lol.

Offline Xenon

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #6 on: 08:48 PM - 07/14/11 »
Cumon Max can't be the only one calling bullsh*t on those stats+controller lol. Hell I've seen really good stats for controller users but not once on blops have i ever come across stats as epic as whats mentioned above via the use of a controller. In any case if its legit good sir hats off to you.

To answer your question, if you want the chance to use a variety of input methods like the mouse and keyboard with your Xbox xim3 is the only option. Xim3 doesn't make you uber leet. It gives you various options to help you become more comfortable with how you interact with a game. Its not an aimbot....
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #7 on: 08:49 PM - 07/14/11 »
Why would you need to use a mouse and keyboard if your stats are legit ?

Preference, just like everybody else here. You are making yourself look pretty bad right now.

the issue i have now is, if i should drop my controller skill and go back to kb+m

Yeah go for it. Your play style and experience help your kd and wins just as much as your aim, and your aim won't be worse with a kb/m. Even if you don't end up liking it (you will though) you can always resell on the community market for just about as much as you bought it for and your controller is still there.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #8 on: 09:16 PM - 07/14/11 »
Its hard for me to understand why you care so much and are flipping out actually.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:51 PM - 07/14/11 »
Wow. That is not how you treat new members. I'll be cleaning up this thread a little.

Offline thebside

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ma1arky
« Reply #10 on: 10:12 PM - 07/14/11 »
Its kind of funny actually, but prior to yesterday I would have probably thought the same thing about his stats.  But I have this knack for checking peoples stats after being owned by them.  This way I can save the match, and check what they did and possibly help me in my tactics. 
I came across a player who when I checked his/her stats had a cumulative KD ratio of 6.75 (ish).  I will have to go back and look for exacts.
Who knows, maybe they were a Ximmer.  Either way, I will be going back to that video for a lesson.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:42 PM - 07/14/11 »
I don't think it's any of our business. He came and asked for opinions on his situation, not to criticize his stats.