• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: VID: Black Ops - CTF 'Hanger 18' (With Commentary)  (Read 784 times)

Offline Soul

• IGN: DJSoul Session
    • View Profile
    • SoulXim
I've posted my second vid with commentary in my Objective based series, this is CTF on Hanger 18

I'm using my new AT2020 mic so please let me know what you think of it plus I've dabbled in some colour correction, it makes the blues, reds etc stand out but the rest seems a bit bland, Do you think this is mainly down to the map being very greyish? Also any feedback on how to improve my commentary is most welcomed!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDIgzMs5mQw?hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HDIgzMs5mQw?hd=1</a>

Thanks for ya help!  ;D

Offline SILENT TRIGGER

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
  • Gamertag: we don't call 110
Re: VID: Black Ops - CTF 'Hanger 18' (With Commentary)
« Reply #1 on: 04:07 AM - 07/24/11 »
my opinion: your best commentary vid yet. i like it :) 

i also like the new colors.. looks very good..
The idea to show your gaming space in the vid I found very good   :)  8)
I think the video was a little bit long.
But that's just my opinion. ;)

good work.

Offline amak1

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
  • PSN ID: a50lbDong
« Reply #2 on: 10:47 AM - 07/24/11 »
Didnt get to see the whole vid bc my 3g network started acting up... bu t from what i saw the colors looked great, i loved it... mic sounds good but what i did notice was a little annoying sibilance... i mean your "s" sounds really really cut through loud. There is a tool in audio we call a de-esser that you can definitely benefit from now that you have the nice mic. Other than the "s" sounds though the mic sounds awesome it really picks up the detail in your voice.
          Always dig your commentaries and gameplay... keep up the great stuff.
... 30 FPS is not a design choice, It's a failure ...

Offline iroc42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:11 AM - 07/24/11 »
unlike the previous 2 posters, i think the colors i are bit too washed out. im on a dell ultrasharp u3011.
audio quality from the commentary is pretty clear, think you got a winner with the new mic.

personally video is a tad long. not my cup o tea. but might be useful to others.
commentary and clips that are relevant to your choice of routes on a map, defending positions, and clever claymore positions is something that i'll probably stick around and watch.
commentary that's play by play over the course of a 17min match probably not.. unless your doing something crazy like 1000 kills or something. but 17min still pretty long for even that.

Offline NoZ1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:34 PM - 07/24/11 »
Nice vid.  Alittle long. color brightness might be alittle to strong for me. Mic sounds really good but may be alittle to close sounding. good work though. Nice to see a player tryin to play like a team.

Offline Soul

• View Profile
    • SoulXim
« Reply #5 on: 04:03 PM - 07/24/11 »
Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback  :)

Well the mic definately gets a thumbs up which is good! I'm going to get a pop filter amak1 that should hopefully remove some of the pops / s's, will look into a de-esser to.

I'm getting a mixed response on the colour correction, i wish i could make the rest of the map more normal and just bring out more colour, will look into it more.

I agree 17mins is a bit long, if you did watch it to the end thank you!  ;D

I don't plan on commenting on a vid that long for a while lol

Thanks again  ;)

Online Mouse N Keybord

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Got XIM?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mouse N Keybord
« Reply #6 on: 06:40 PM - 07/24/11 »
First off about the color correction was cool at first but I couldn't see what looked like a cool set up in your gamer cave! Its fun to see that effect for a minute or two but got annoying after a while wanting to see the shots being made.

Also, try not to pop around the barrels so much before peeking as some people will camp their aim at them like me for one lol. Same goes for cars that are either on fire or not blown up yet...AVOID them lol.

Other then that it was a great video to watch and hear your voice with your fancy new mic :D
Watch me on Twitch.tv: http://twitch.tv/TeamXIM
TeamXIM Schedule: http://www.tinyurl.com/ximsched

Offline Soul

• View Profile
    • SoulXim
« Reply #7 on: 04:53 AM - 07/25/11 »
First off about the color correction was cool at first but I couldn't see what looked like a cool set up in your gamer cave! Its fun to see that effect for a minute or two but got annoying after a while wanting to see the shots being made.

Also, try not to pop around the barrels so much before peeking as some people will camp their aim at them like me for one lol. Same goes for cars that are either on fire or not blown up yet...AVOID them lol.

Other then that it was a great video to watch and hear your voice with your fancy new mic :D

Hi Zspy, thanks man. I didn't think the cc affected the actual shots much?

The set up pics were green screened hence not so clear. I need to update my main post for FPS 'TV' but the set up pics are in the first post here: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=12307.60

Yeah i have a habit of running around and not being cautious enough :D

Thank for tha feedback and tips :)

Offline amak1

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
  • PSN ID: a50lbDong
« Reply #8 on: 11:21 AM - 07/25/11 »
Hey man if noone else mentioned the sibilance than dont worry about it... i can be real ridiculous when it comes to that.... the pop filter will help with plosives though.
      About the color correction... i do watch a lot of gp vids not gonna lie... and for me the colors kinda made you even more unique which i liked. Im not sure what the masses think but thats one of the reasons i dug it.
        Btw between you and ap i wish i was in britain cuz your voices are awesome for commentary.
... 30 FPS is not a design choice, It's a failure ...

Offline Haggy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DonHagbarto
« Reply #9 on: 03:08 PM - 07/25/11 »
Most enjoyable.
The mic quality is crystal clear. Maybe slightly less brightness for my personal taste.
Keep it coming

Offline KrazyKarl

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x1ArmBanditx
« Reply #10 on: 08:15 PM - 07/25/11 »
+1
G700@5700@1000hz

Offline Soul

• View Profile
    • SoulXim
« Reply #11 on: 02:01 AM - 07/27/11 »
Hey man if noone else mentioned the sibilance than dont worry about it... i can be real ridiculous when it comes to that.... the pop filter will help with plosives though.
      About the color correction... i do watch a lot of gp vids not gonna lie... and for me the colors kinda made you even more unique which i liked. Im not sure what the masses think but thats one of the reasons i dug it.
        Btw between you and ap i wish i was in britain cuz your voices are awesome for commentary.

Thanks amak, my pop filters arrived, will test it out on my next comm, glad u like my voice  :)

Re cc i've had mixed feedback, i like it also and will try and tweak it so more like it in my next vid!

Most enjoyable.
The mic quality is crystal clear. Maybe slightly less brightness for my personal taste.
Keep it coming

Cheers Haggy, i think it was to long, also was quite difficult (being a newb commentator) to make. i think 7 mins and under would be ideal? It's hard getting a mix between brightness inside / out.

+1

Thanks Karl  :D

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:42 AM - 07/27/11 »
Don't like the colour corrections, nothing specific to the way you've done it. I prefer stock or a touch of saturation at most.

The commentary though is superb both in voice.  mic quality and personality..

Offline Soul

• View Profile
    • SoulXim
« Reply #13 on: 02:14 AM - 07/29/11 »
Don't like the colour corrections, nothing specific to the way you've done it. I prefer stock or a touch of saturation at most.

The commentary though is superb both in voice.  mic quality and personality..
Hi Zen, yeah cc is going to be subjective to everyone's personal taste i guess. And thank you! Being quite new to commenting that really means a lot! :)

Admin