• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Logitech G13 Thumbstick MOD * Super EZ * No Sanding. No Glue. No Mess  (Read 10062 times)

Offline x DOS X EQUiS x

• View Profile
Step 1:
 Get a Logitech controller/gamepad. Got mine on ebay for $1.25 (auction) + $5.00 shipping = $6.25. For $6.25 that beats having to buy glue and sandpaper or a sander !
Step 2:
 Open up your G13. Don't be a wuss now.
Step 3:
Remove and replace the G13 thumbstick and insert the "Logitech"  thumbstick. It will be a perfect fit. Heck it should be since it's from logitech. They use the same parts on all there products.
Step 4:
 Snap back together the G13.
Step 5:
 Enjoy. !! Your new G13 thumbstick will looks as if it's never been modified.

That's it !

No sanding or glue. Best of all you won't even break a sweat.

« Last Edit: 09:15 PM - 08/04/11 by 3MIX 2 WiN iT »
Formerly 3 MIX 2 WIN IT

XBOX 360 / PS3 /Wii / XIM3 / G500 / G9X / Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD / PC360 / DT 770 PRO / MIXAMP / G13 / 2 x Samsung 24" LCD

Offline mikael

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
thanks, didnt know that

Offline banzai

• View Profile
What controller is that? Cause I bought one of eBay (logitech dual action) and it's stick was not the right size.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Step 2:
 Open up your G13. Don't be a wuss now.

My favorite step. :)
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline x DOS X EQUiS x

• View Profile
What controller is that? Cause I bought one of eBay (logitech dual action) and it's stick was not the right size.

Really? I have the same thing. It should fit just right. It looks bigger but it should fit perfectly.
Formerly 3 MIX 2 WIN IT

XBOX 360 / PS3 /Wii / XIM3 / G500 / G9X / Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD / PC360 / DT 770 PRO / MIXAMP / G13 / 2 x Samsung 24" LCD

Offline banzai

• View Profile
Yeah the dome on the logitech pad thumbstick is much bigger than the g13 stick so it fowls on the microswitch box that you place it onto so you don't get a full range if movement an even after calibration it would only allow me to move at a snails pace. The pad I've got looks a little different to yours eg it only has 2 buttons (start/select) on the front, yours looks to have 3 plus a little light.

Could you post a pic of the front of the controller please?

Offline x DOS X EQUiS x

• View Profile
Per your request,
It's not my actual controller but it's the same model.
Also your saying your not getting a lot of movement? I suggest maybe shaving the hole on the G13 a few. Just as if you were shaving an xbox 360 controller for slow turn. Hope this helps.

Formerly 3 MIX 2 WIN IT

Offline banzai

• View Profile
Thanks mate much appreciated, it is a different controller to the one I have.
No amount of shaving could make the stick work in my opinion it's just too big, I'll try and get my hands on one like yours.

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
also do you have movement restriction? it looks like the shank  is much fatter then the original head shank.. just thinking that would restict movement
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline x DOS X EQUiS x

• View Profile
also do you have movement restriction? it looks like the shank  is much fatter then the original head shank.. just thinking that would restict movement

Movement to me feels the same as the original thumbstick. Its just a lil' bit thicker.
Formerly 3 MIX 2 WIN IT

Offline KYRoadie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BlackWOLFMojo
Hey guys, I just thought I'd throw my own experience into the thread here.  I just competed this mod, and I am glad I did.  While it took me longer than five minutes, it will be worth it.  I thought I was in luck, because my Logi controller looked just like the one you have in the picture.  However, I found that once disassembled, that it was going to be the case as another poster above.  The size of the bottom was quite different.  I am fortunate in that where I work, we have a model shop that does all types of prototype manufacture.  So I had a guy here just use a lathe to create the correct depth.  I would think any tool shop worth their salt could do this for you, it produced much better results than what I could have done on my own! Hope this helps guys.  Thanks for the idea DOS. 

Offline dmt257

• View Profile
Here is a guide I have just used :

http://etc.gw2guildsite.com/content/replacing-stock-logitech-g13-joystick-button

I've not been able to test it yet (dead Xbox), but it does seem as if the new joystick will restrict movement. If that is the case I will simply sand down that protruding part of the gamepad which forms the circular hole the acual joystick protrudes out of.

This was a really simple mod to do.

Offline Joey McCamper

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
Too much work  :P

I just bought a Kontrol Freek and hot glued it to top of the existing joystick. If I ever need to remove the Kontrol Freek some alcohol and cotton swabs do the trick.

Offline dmt257

• View Profile
Too much work  :P

I just bought a Kontrol Freek and hot glued it to top of the existing joystick. If I ever need to remove the Kontrol Freek some alcohol and cotton swabs do the trick.

Can you post a pic? That may be a route I need to take.

Admin