• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Creative Recon3D Review  (Read 4239 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Recon3D Review
« Reply #30 on: 12:29 AM - 11/09/11 »
Just tried Recon mode and its pretty amazing, it really takes out the footsteps and weapon sounds and makes them louder. This is also true for your own foosteps so until your not Ninja this does not make much sens.  Not sure if I like it but its not bad at all!

After playing some more now this is just enough to drive 250 Ohm, dont need it louder. Any gaming headset crap from turtle to Astro will work fine as they are 50 and less.
mittyz: that's my goal in life...get one of my comments/statements in someones sig.
Humble: But just a general rule, roads will never be satisfied
The roads list http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=33299.0
Bone PS4 | XIM4 | Latest | Benq XL2720-B | Hayate | Orbweaver+Teensy | Sony PS4 Gold | G502 | D:12K | P:1000 | COD ?

Offline Spiiicychips

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: SpiiiCyChIpS
« Reply #31 on: 02:31 AM - 11/09/11 »
Wow, impressive to hear that actually works lol.  So can you use recon with the thx surround on or off?  So surround quality-wise it's just on par or the same with the dss?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:45 AM - 11/09/11 »
Id say yes it's par or better, hard to say. Sound quality is really nice. It's either THX or recon.
mittyz: that's my goal in life...get one of my comments/statements in someones sig.
Bone PS4 | XIM4 | Latest | Benq XL2720-B | Hayate | Orbweaver+Teensy | Sony PS4 Gold | G502 | D:12K | P:1000 | COD ?

Offline Mr Brzezinski

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Brzezinski
« Reply #33 on: 04:06 PM - 11/09/11 »
Thx N00b !
Google translate is poor in German-->Polish ;/

Creative amp is way better then the DSS? I mean sound quality!
N52te+G500+Turtle Beach DSS+HD 598+Xim3

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04:23 PM - 11/09/11 »
So should I get this for my ADH700? Didn't have a good experience with DSS and been hearing mixed things about mixamp.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:56 AM - 11/11/11 »
A great feature that is intended by the Recon3D if I understand right is the possibility to hear your own voice. This is very nice for closed headsets and owners of the X41 TB already know and appreciate. I cant make it work. Another drawback is, Setup Program is not working on XP, so its Vista upwards or OSX.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:59 PM - 11/11/11 »
Cant make the features work, some (unknown which) settings produce a bad hiss and Echo and connecting a device to the PC for configuration is a stupid idea. This thing goes back. Stay with your DSS if you have one this thing is a good idea but not made by players for players.

Offline Mechloom

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: M3CHLoom
« Reply #37 on: 02:42 PM - 11/12/11 »
Bought the recon 3d along with the Tactic 3d Omega headset. They don't link up as advertised, not without the tactic link which is apparently sold separately. I can't find it anywhere. Its being sold as part of a bundle package in europe. Ive searched high and low for the stupid thing and can't even find mention of it other than "its sold separately" or that its part of a bundle package in europe. sigh head vs desk

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01:28 PM - 11/16/11 »
Wait, aren't those plus/minus/mute things on the front supposed to be volume control? They don't seem do do anything for me.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02:06 PM - 11/16/11 »
Its volume yes, thats about the only thing that worked for me.

Offline wang_bang31

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03:47 PM - 12/20/11 »
Bought the recon 3d along with the Tactic 3d Omega headset. They don't link up as advertised, not without the tactic link which is apparently sold separately. I can't find it anywhere. Its being sold as part of a bundle package in europe. Ive searched high and low for the stupid thing and can't even find mention of it other than "its sold separately" or that its part of a bundle package in europe. sigh head vs desk

Mech, how do you like the Omega (and reacon) so far? I'm thinking of getting a pair for Christmas to use with my PC and 360.

Admin