• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: The XIM Team on twitch.tv!  (Read 1872 times)

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: The XIM Team on twitch.tv!
« Reply #15 on: 07:15 AM - 04/25/12 »
Good work guys. Now a thousand ximmers with a streaming setup are going to appear so they can try to be in on this :P

Offline Beezles

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #16 on: 08:38 AM - 04/25/12 »
if i can ever get my settings correctly - i'll try and join
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 08:55 AM - 04/25/12 »
I'm still working out things with them and it'll take a little time. What I'm wondering most about right now is the compensation system they have. I want any money made to go back to those who are generating the revenue on the channel.

I'm pretty new to Twitch.tv -- can you tell me how it would be organized to allow multiple people to contribute to the same channel? Or, is this set up really as an individual per channel?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #18 on: 10:09 AM - 04/25/12 »
I'm still working out things with them and it'll take a little time. What I'm wondering most about right now is the compensation system they have. I want any money made to go back to those who are generating the revenue on the channel.

I'm pretty new to Twitch.tv -- can you tell me how it would be organized to allow multiple people to contribute to the same channel? Or, is this set up really as an individual per channel?

When I first contacted you about all this, what I was interested in was getting a XIM Team set up (for instance, see: http://www.twitch.tv/team/eg)

In order for someone to start a team such as that, someone needs to have Partnership status, which I do believe you just got. I don't believe us streamers on the XIM Team would be generating any revenue for the OBsIV account if you were to get it started. I had this in mind already, but I could be wrong so it's something that should be looked into.

Alternatively, on your account you do have the ability to allow other people to stream through your channel using what's called a "Stream Key" that we use instead of your login info. This I'm pretty sure would be generating revenue if we were to stream on your channel.

There's more I want to say but I must get back to work.

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:23 AM - 04/25/12 »
Just want to say to all involved in this, thanks for the work in setting it up and thanks for the invite to be part of the team. This should be fun once it gets going and im sure will generate a lot of interest in xim thanks to the big names.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:31 AM - 04/25/12 »
the last thing we should do is sharing keys
at least i wont, the people that follow you do want to see your stuff and not the stuff of someone else
you visit the channel and cannot be sure if the real owner or a friend is streaming

also it costs a lot of trust to share such a key as any negative comment you do in that channel will be projeted onto the real owner of the channel

on a sidenote

am i the only one in that list that wont just stream mw3? :P ;)
for me itll be mainly reach and battlefield, i wont stream cod games though
all software needed already adjusted and tweak, once the upload comes im ready and set to go :)
PS4 | C:MS | XIM Edge | 0824EX | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: QCK+ | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red | A: AKG K701 Asus Xonar Essence ST Antlion Modmic | M:G400 | D:3600 | P:500 | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:42 AM - 04/25/12 »
It sounds like Xog suggested that the partnered account shares it's key with members of the xim team and they stream to the partners channel through their channel with the key. You wouldn't need to give anyone your key.

Good work guys.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11:47 AM - 04/25/12 »
Can't stand MW3. I'll be streaming Battlefield too and some Black Ops and LOTS of Counter Strike when it gets released.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:54 AM - 04/25/12 »
It sounds like Xog suggested that the partnered account shares it's key with members of the xim team and they stream to the partners channel through their channel with the key. You wouldn't need to give anyone your key.

Good work guys.

aint sure if thats a good solution, imagine two people online at once
one popular and one less popular, the weaker one logged into the profile a tiny bit earlier therefore the other one is blocked :S

xog, we need enlightenment ;)
PS4 | C:MS | XIM Edge | 0824EX | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: QCK+ | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red | A: AKG K701 Asus Xonar Essence ST Antlion Modmic | M:G400 | D:3600 | P:500 | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: 12:15 PM - 04/25/12 »
The kinks are still being iron'd. So far OBsIV and Ernest Le have atleast discussed a plan. Not sure if OBsIV wants me releasing any of that info as it may be sentitive information so that's all I'm saying in public for now.

Members of the XIM team: Would you mind messaging me your e-mail address so we can stay in touch easier? The forum limits me on private message recipients.

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome
« Reply #25 on: 12:45 PM - 04/25/12 »
the last thing we should do is sharing keys
at least i wont, the people that follow you do want to see your stuff and not the stuff of someone else
you visit the channel and cannot be sure if the real owner or a friend is streaming

also it costs a lot of trust to share such a key as any negative comment you do in that channel will be projeted onto the real owner of the channel

on a sidenote

am i the only one in that list that wont just stream mw3? :P ;)
for me itll be mainly reach and battlefield, i wont stream cod games though
all software needed already adjusted and tweak, once the upload comes im ready and set to go :)

Are we going to be able to hear you yell in German now?

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:51 PM - 04/25/12 »

Good work guys.

This is what i was thinking, probably the best way. That way you can all share promotion off eachother too, use the same followers to build it up ect ect.

Only problem is you would have to have set times to stream, pretty sure you could only have 1 at a time and it would kick the current guy streaming off if you jump on.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: 12:58 PM - 04/25/12 »

Good work guys.

This is what i was thinking, probably the best way. That way you can all share promotion off eachother too, use the same followers to build it up ect ect.

Only problem is you would have to have set times to stream, pretty sure you could only have 1 at a time and it would kick the current guy streaming off if you jump on.

Everything's still being discussed. However, my current channel, XIM_Gaming, was set up by me just for what you guys are describing and it failed because everyone wanted to use their own channel. So I turned to OBsIV to see if we can get a Team Page going (example: http://www.twitch.tv/team/eg) and here we are. I'd rather not go backwards because I have a feeling it won't work out. People want to use their own names, not OBsIV.
« Last Edit: 01:35 PM - 04/25/12 by Xog »

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:26 PM - 04/25/12 »

Good work guys.

Everything's still being discussed. However, my current channel, XIM_Gaming, was set up by me just for what you guys are describing and it failed because everyone wanted to use their own channel. So I turned to OBsIV to see if we can get a Team Page going (example: http://www.twitch.tv/teams/eg) and here we are. I'd rather not go backwards because I have a feeling it won't work out. People want to use their own names, not OBsIV.

yeah that's fair enough, makes sense.

Also that link doesnt work :) you mean something like this http://www.twitch.tv/team/internetfamous or http://www.twitch.tv/team/feargaming

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: 01:36 PM - 04/25/12 »

Good work guys.

Everything's still being discussed. However, my current channel, XIM_Gaming, was set up by me just for what you guys are describing and it failed because everyone wanted to use their own channel. So I turned to OBsIV to see if we can get a Team Page going (example: http://www.twitch.tv/teams/eg) and here we are. I'd rather not go backwards because I have a feeling it won't work out. People want to use their own names, not OBsIV.

yeah that's fair enough, makes sense.

Also that link doesnt work :) you mean something like this http://www.twitch.tv/team/internetfamous or http://www.twitch.tv/team/feargaming

i said teams/eg but meant team/eg. fixed. but yes you get the point. i want a page where all of us XIM streamers are together.