• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Im just curious why this hasnt been fully fixed.  (Read 2303 times)

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
Im just curious why this hasnt been fully fixed.
« on: 04:49 AM - 04/25/12 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfUeyFUD7o

Video from toysrme back in march 2011 on black ops and this issue hasnt been fully fixed yet.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
Re: Im just curious why this hasnt been fully fixed.
« Reply #1 on: 05:37 AM - 04/25/12 »
it was fixed, with that acceleration curve i think
but its quite some time ago now, dunno the exact result anymore but there was one
PS4 | C:MS | XIM Edge | 0824EX | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: QCK+ | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red | A: AKG K701 Asus Xonar Essence ST Antlion Modmic | M:G400 | D:3600 | P:500 | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:24 AM - 04/25/12 »
O right. When i get my xim 3 i would like to try this out because the ST looks bad in that vid.

Toysrme said its improved but its the same still.

Sorry toys i hope im able to quote you somewhat even though that isnt exacly what you said to a tee above.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:51 AM - 04/25/12 »
toys is additcted to his selfmade standard config, at no point he ever will use a smart translator

so dont take it too serious :P
PS4 | C:MS | XIM Edge | 0824EX | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: QCK+ | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red | A: AKG K701 Asus Xonar Essence ST Antlion Modmic | M:G400 | D:3600 | P:500 | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:15 AM - 04/25/12 »
Well toys seems to know his stuff. So you are defo saying i can improve the aiming from the vid because i wouldnt be able to play like that lol.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #5 on: 07:32 AM - 04/25/12 »
My response to that video, just move your hand faster

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:11 AM - 04/25/12 »
was that before the ADS translators were made?  That looks much slower than any ST I've been using for quite a while now.

Also, a bug was found in the ST runtime that was fixed, and all the ST's have been re-run since that vid to make them more accurate.  You may still need to tweak your settings, but the base ST's are better than what they were on initial release.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #7 on: 10:11 AM - 04/25/12 »
I love the Smart Translators, but I use the Smart Advanced settings to tweak the performance more to my licking.  I think a little boost really helps to thwart the sticky-aim causing the sight to feel stuck/unresponsive.   

Offline KrazyKarl

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x1ArmBanditx
« Reply #8 on: 10:34 AM - 04/25/12 »
ive always used the ST for COD games, when toys says "smart translators are and always will be @#$% for @#$% players on COD." ....thats his own opinion
G700@5700@1000hz

Online tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #9 on: 10:35 AM - 04/25/12 »
I'm guessing Toys hasn't tried a Smart Translator since Kodek found that ST runtime bug that OBsIV fixed.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

http://twitch.tv/tuffrabit

twitter: @tuffrabit - follow for livestream updates and events

250GB Slim
XBone
XIM Edge
Logitech G700
Belkin N52TE modded with Cherry Reds
Sony Move Navigation Controller
Turtle Beach DSS
JVC HARX700 modded
Zalman MZ230ED 23" LED LCD

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:02 PM - 04/26/12 »
I played some BO with a pad and then some mwf3 with a pad. Even with a pad you  can feel BO lagging alot. I actually think bo caused the xim mouse lag i had even in the video in my other thread. maybe some people dont notice because mwf3 felt alot smoother even with pad.

Maybe BO is sensitive to the hdmi cable or something.
« Last Edit: 12:18 PM - 04/26/12 by dmxdex »

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:06 PM - 04/26/12 »
first, keep in mind the age of that video. it was made after arguing round and round about the early beta smart trainers sucking so bad. (and we were right, they did suck. and obs being the outstanding badass he is kept on and kept on addressing it until people were happy with it)
newer ones are not nearly as bad, but the video is just as applicable to them.
toys is additcted to his selfmade standard config, at no point he ever will use a smart translator

so dont take it too serious :P
i do, on occasion, play with a buddies XIM-3 on whatever the current firmware is at the time. (anytime im gone to the lake, rest assured i have my g9x with me... and a fun fact, if anyone wonders where my mw2/bo/mw3 disks went, they're on loan to said friend at the lake lol). the newer ones are faster, but still run into the same issue. if you could completely disable the auto-aim, or play a game that has a more complex look mechanic (COD's is nothing) the ST's excel at games that are complex)
you can't, so i'd rather miss some kills every thousand running something faster; who's speed ramps up quicker like PC (with no acceleration cap) because im just running a faster setup and make up a hundred kills because i can burn through the auto-aim like it's barely there.

its not that i prefer anything over anything. i prefer what gives the best functional result. situationally in COD. normal is better.

now if i were to go play gaylo (lulz) ya, i'd go snag a smart trainer in a heart beat. they worked much better than all the crappy configs everyone wrote for halo on xim1 & xim2. those things were terrrible (not that mines was great but still. was like ppl just randomly tossing out numbers lol). if i wanted to play battleboring, i'd use a ST.

coming from one of the best console UT players, if we wanted to party up some UT3, i'd use a ST (the UT look mechanic isn't bad.
+it start slow
+it ends fast
but the acceleration curve is maaaaaahaaaaaaaasive and the huge deadzone doesn't help ya much (the huge deadzone is what forces the maaaaaahaaaaaaaasive acceleration curve to be used).

all tho of all the games on console. i think for the joysticks UT3 is the best result. even better than COD. 15 speed 6/7 acceleration is heaven on the joysticks.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:12 PM - 04/26/12 »
COD 

Smart vs standard

The argument begins

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:21 PM - 04/26/12 »
its not an arguement. that implies there is a right and wrong answer. it's simply what side of the fundamental box you fall on.

you can either have 1:1 movement, and the sight slows down in the box
or
you can have non 1:1 movement and have the sight not slow down in the box

the question is what's most important to the person. to me, it's not slowing down in the box.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:23 PM - 04/26/12 »
What you mean slowing in box? The aim assist box? well people says its been fixed.

Admin