• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Uncharted 3 (Multiplayer) button action names.  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LastOneToKnow
Uncharted 3 (Multiplayer) button action names.
« on: 06:55 PM - 07/06/12 »
The button action names in XIM Manager for Uncharted 3 (Multiplayer) need updated some.  The ones being used are from single player.  Took a picture in-game of the controller layout for mp.  See below.  Thanks!

Only mistake I see that ND made is for the triangle as they forget to include the action, "interact" as well.
« Last Edit: 07:07 PM - 07/06/12 by Low Profile »

Offline Wurstwasser

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted 3 (Multiplayer) button action names.
« Reply #1 on: 02:26 AM - 07/07/12 »
Also i noticed that L1 is ADS in the game.

But in XIMEdgeManager R3 triggers the ADS. That should be changed to L1.

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:49 AM - 07/07/12 »
Great observation.  Yeah, the trigger for ADS should be L1, not R3.

Offline Wurstwasser

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:48 AM - 07/07/12 »
Yeah, i discussed this with mist4fun already in the pre-release feedback thread. I think he has this on his list.

The look mechanics are not the best for a smart translator i guess. It's pretty hard to snipe moving targets in mp and it seems some weapons have different aim mechanics (grenade launcher and mounted MG for instance).

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:47 AM - 07/07/12 »
Thanks
Have a problem with your XIM Edge? Find a solution in the XIM Edge Support FAQ
XIM Edge User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:09 PM - 07/07/12 »
The look mechanics are not the best for a smart translator i guess. It's pretty hard to snipe moving targets in mp and it seems some weapons have different aim mechanics (grenade launcher and mounted MG for instance).

I did try playing UC3 some after getting my button bindings saved.  Using a Logitech G500 locked in at 5700 DPI.  Found both aiming and zooming in (while aiming) very poor.  Please don't ban me for saying this, but if I hadn't known better I would have thought I was using a XFPS, not a XIM adapter.  No precision mouse movement at all when aiming.  Mouse was jumping all over the place when trying to make small circles for instance or when trying to slowly trace the outline of something.  Just moving the mouse in any given direction for more than a second or two at a moderate pace would immediately cause the reticle on-screen to make a pretty large jump.  Found the turning speed to be very slow as well.  Now just for grins I did cycle through the stock profiles that were on the XIM Edge out the box and did find several which were far and away better with respects to aiming than UC3's ST.  Not great mind you, but better.  On the other hand, the ST for Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PS3) is literally off the hook.  Just happened to have rented the title the other day, the same day my XIM Edge was delievered.  Have yet to return the rental.  :-)  The XIM Edge in this case truly provides for a keyboard and mouse gaming experience I'd only ever expect to have on a PC.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:22 PM - 07/07/12 »
Low profile, did you change your Uncharted 3 Single player settings to alternate camera settings in the games option menu? It's required :)

Most games do not require you to do anything other than raising the games sensitivity to max but some games do require additional adjustments. You will be notified of this at the bottom of the config, so be sure to check that area with each new game. Uncharted 3's alternate camera settings provided a larger turning speed and other benefits. We thought you guys would prefer the better experience if it only required you to change another setting.

See the highlighted area
« Last Edit: 12:27 PM - 07/07/12 by mist4fun »

Offline Wurstwasser

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:28 PM - 07/07/12 »
I think alternative aim changes nothing in the mp aiming, i think that's what he's talking about.
Singlepayer is fine for me.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:32 PM - 07/07/12 »
MP doesn't offer alternate aim settings but yes MP is a more difficult mechanic, there are some limitations to it but he shouldn't be having issues making small circles and tracing things. I suggest you make sure you are using the SP config for SP and MP config for MP. While play SP make sure you are using alternate camera settings. If you have these set correctly it should be fine.

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:47 PM - 07/07/12 »
Hi mist4fun.  I'll give things a good once over and report back.  Thanks for the input.

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:07 PM - 07/08/12 »
I am using the SP ST for Single Player and MP ST for Multiplayer.  That being said, I'm still unable to make small circles and trace things with any degree of accuracy unless I'm moving the mouse extremely slow and even then the responsivenes is rather poor.  The circles once I start to make than larger just aren't circles anymore.  They are oblong in shape in addition to the movements being more blocky.  I'll also for instance be literally crawling my mouse along the outline of something and all the sudden the reticle will just jerk off course.  I also noticed that the aiming sensitivity in game is much higher moving horizontally than it is vertically.  The difference is quite dramatic.  Perhaps part of the issue is that R3 is currently the trigger for ADS when it should be L1.  Would be interested to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same issues with this game.
« Last Edit: 08:12 PM - 07/08/12 by Low Profile »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:18 PM - 07/08/12 »
I am using the SP ST for Single Player and MP ST for Multiplayer.  That being said, I'm still unable to make small circles and trace things with any degree of accuracy unless I'm moving the mouse extremely slow and even then the responsivenes is rather poor.  The circles once I start to make than larger just aren't circles anymore.  They are oblong in shape in addition to the movements being more blocky.  I'll also for instance be literally crawling my mouse along the outline of something and all the sudden the reticle will just jerk off course.  I also noticed that the aiming sensitivity in game is much higher moving horizontally than it is vertically.  The difference is quite dramatic.  Perhaps part of the issue is that R3 is currently the trigger for ADS when it should be L1.  Would be interested to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same issues with this game.

Oh yes, duh. Thank you for pointing that out. The hip and ads translators are different, different size, different shape, different acceleration. I must have been using a non default layout when creating the button list. It will be fixed in the next RC drop but for now if you want to test the ads translator bind both l1 and r3 to right mouse button.

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:11 PM - 07/09/12 »
There is a noticeable improvement when mapping R3 to the same keyboard key I have L1 mapped to, not great but noticeable.  Looking forward to the ST being updated, so that L1 is used for ADS, not R3.  Can't really leave it that way for now unfortunately as having both L1 and R3 in use at the same time prevents me from shoulder switching while aiming which I do constantly.  Any additional action is cancelled out if L1 and R3 are in use at the same time.  I also can't zoom in while aiming of course without also assigning a secondary key to R3 and using that instead just when I want to zoom in.  Wanted to also let you know that I checked the SetPoint settings I burned to my G500 again.  Somehow by accident I had my DPI settings set individually for the X and Y axis.  Not sure how that happened, because I'm sure I checked the option to use the same DPI setting for both.  So anyway, I had the X axis set to 5700 DPI and the Y axis set to 1800 DPI.  This explains the difference in sensitivity I was seeing in-game when moving my aim horizontally versus vertically.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:18 PM - 07/09/12 »
Yes that would do it, thank you for updating me about your setpoint settings. Please request rc status by going to your profile, modify profile, group membership, request rc tester. Once approved a new subforum will unlock in the edge download section. There you will find builds that are tested before they go out to the public.

I can't give you a date but I'd like to have this patched soon.

Offline Low Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:02 PM - 07/09/12 »
Will do and thanks again for replying to my thread.

Admin