• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Maximum Turn Speed Issue  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Brick

• View Profile
Maximum Turn Speed Issue
« on: 05:21 PM - 09/17/12 »
Hi everyone,
I have a problem about my xim edge.It hits max turn speed even on slow sensitivities like 14 hip 8 ads.This is not happening on slow movements but on normal speed mouse movements it hits the speed cap.And it seems,there is an accelaration problem.I can't do 180 spin without dragging my mouse twice.I tried higher sensitivity levels like 20.00 and 25.00 but as it reaches max turn speed on my every move it didn't work out.I've tested only on mw3 so far but it should be same on other games.
I've watched many gameplay videos and my turnings are definetely not as fast and fluid like those i've watched.
I've tried on both g9x and g400 on their max. dpi settings.I use monitor(23 inc) and my in game sensitivity is 10.

Also i wonder to what setting should i set my setpoint settings for best result.
My settings;
"Os native for pointer speed and acceleration" and "angle snapping" settings are unticked
speed:5
accelaration:0
polling rate:1000
« Last Edit: 05:26 PM - 09/17/12 by Brick »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Maximum Turn Speed Issue
« Reply #1 on: 05:24 PM - 09/17/12 »
You doing these experiements with the maximum turn speed indicator enabled?

Also, is this MW3?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline Brick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:29 PM - 09/17/12 »
You doing these experiements with the maximum turn speed indicator enabled?

Also, is this MW3?
Both yes.
« Last Edit: 05:35 PM - 09/17/12 by Brick »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 06:15 PM - 09/17/12 »
Even at low sensitivities, if you move your mouse fast enough, you'll hit the maximum turn speed.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #4 on: 06:31 PM - 09/17/12 »
Yeah you'll hit it no matter what unless you try to adjust your style not to. I play on 5 sensitivity at 5040dpi and I hit it often.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
  • PSN ID: a50lbDong
« Reply #5 on: 11:42 PM - 09/17/12 »
theres something wrong at max dpi you dhouldnt have to swipe your mouse twice to 180. your sure your using the right config and smarty?
... 30 FPS is not a design choice, It's a failure ...

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: THE-MARAVINGY
« Reply #6 on: 02:31 AM - 09/18/12 »
In game sensitvity is this maxed out to 10 insane.

Offline Brick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:15 AM - 09/18/12 »
theres something wrong at max dpi you dhouldnt have to swipe your mouse twice to 180. your sure your using the right config and smarty?
Actually i've mentioned it wrong on my first post.I can do 180 with one drag but even my normal fast movements hit the max speed so i usually have to drag it twice.But with 14.00 sensitivity turnings are not fast enough and when i increase it to 17-18 and above it reaches to max speed much quicker.
On 7-8 ads sensitivity it also hits the speed cap on normal fast mouse movements which doesn't seem normal to me.
I just hope nothing is wrong with my xim.

Also as i've written above, to what should i set my setpoint settings.
These are my settings:
"Os native for pointer speed and acceleration" and "angle snapping": unticked
speed:5
accelaration:0
polling rate:1000

Offline Brick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:16 AM - 09/18/12 »
In game sensitvity is this maxed out to 10 insane.
Yes,of course.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 09:11 AM - 09/18/12 »
What you need to do is check if, while staying under the speed cap, its takes twice the distance when at half sensitivity. If that happens, then everything is working as expected.

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #10 on: 11:42 AM - 09/18/12 »
To clarify what OBsIV said, since English doesn't seem to be your first language:

1) Move your mouse across the mouse pad a measured distance, but do not reach maximum turn speed.
2) Reduce your sensitivity on the XIM Edge by exactly one half.
3) Move your mouse across the mouse pad for 2x the distance from your first time. Do not reach maximum turn speed.

Make sure you are moving your mouse at the same velocity for 1) and 3) but do not reach maximum turn speed.

If you moved the same distance on screen for 1) and 3) then nothing is wrong with your XIM, and you may just be moving the mouse too fast and not paying attention to the maximum turn speed indicator.
« Last Edit: 11:54 AM - 09/18/12 by Xog »

Offline Brick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:25 AM - 09/21/12 »
What you need to do is check if, while staying under the speed cap, its takes twice the distance when at half sensitivity. If that happens, then everything is working as expected.
To clarify what OBsIV said, since English doesn't seem to be your first language:

1) Move your mouse across the mouse pad a measured distance, but do not reach maximum turn speed.
2) Reduce your sensitivity on the XIM Edge by exactly one half.
3) Move your mouse across the mouse pad for 2x the distance from your first time. Do not reach maximum turn speed.

Make sure you are moving your mouse at the same velocity for 1) and 3) but do not reach maximum turn speed.

If you moved the same distance on screen for 1) and 3) then nothing is wrong with your XIM, and you may just be moving the mouse too fast and not paying attention to the maximum turn speed indicator.
Thank you guys,i'll try it.