• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: The "ANTI" SMG setup for BO2!  (Read 1796 times)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Re: The "ANTI" SMG setup for BO2!
« Reply #30 on: 02:07 PM - 11/27/12 »
i ran into one of those in a hardpoint match. we both spawned and decided to initiate the melee challenge knife vs shield.
i juked him time after time, but bounced my knife (i like how the shield has some wrap-around now so that you can't simply sweep your view into the shield and kill them now). charge after charge. i know we were both curious as to how it would end up as i had a full clip vector and he had akimbo shottie pistols.

unfortunately a team mate ran up and shot him in the back before either of us landed a hit...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline combo

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:28 PM - 11/27/12 »
Regarding scorestreaks, try using uav, hellstorm, lightning strike on ground war, once you got hellstorm hide and use it, or if you get lightning strike at same time (most times) use that then hellstorm their spawn to kill anyone that your hellstorm got :)

To anyone saying hellstorm is too slow try it in ground war.

Offline supplice

• of all the things i lost, i miss my mind the most
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LMF CryCo
« Reply #32 on: 05:38 PM - 11/27/12 »
i get like 5 kills average when i use hellfire, only once with the lightning strike did i get around 5 kills and thats cuz it was on carrier, a big open level.

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05:58 PM - 11/27/12 »
SMG class that counters your setup

MSMC
   -Laser Sight
   -Long Barrel

Perks:
   -Ghost
   -Flak Jacket
   -Toughness
   -Extreme Conditioning
   -Tactical Mask

Score Streaks:
   -UAV
   -Hunter Drone
   -Lightning Strike

You have no ghost so ill be chasing you down majority of the time, and if I'm far away in comes the lightning strike
The smgs are the new ARs in blops 2

I'm not hating on your setup, if it works for you then great but if you come across a good player/s that will happen esp in obj gametypes

Aha, I was waiting for an alternate opinion by a SMG gamer. I know you're not hating so don't worry about that. I respect others opinions and welcome them cause in the end I think it makes everyone better! Here's what I agree with that you've stated.

#1 the MSMC with long barrel is a good gun for short to medium short range and the laser sight is a must in my opinion for all SMG's. Yes this gun would be a worthy adversary at those distances.

#2 Ghost is an excellent perk for the SMGers Run N Gun style of play especially when combined with Conditioning.

#3 UAV and Hunter Killer Drone are great choices.

Now here's where I disagree -

#1 I wouldn't say this class counters mine. I would say this class is better then mine at short/meduim range. Notice I didn't say short TO medium I said short/medium (somewhere between the two). However at short range my 1 shot 870 is going to win everytime (assuming I don't miss). At Medium to long range my AN-94 is going to beat your SMG (again, assuming I don't miss). If you have an Edge it's the fact that you will have more mobility. My class isn't for Run N Gun it's more of a methodical approach which I think makes the game funner to play. I do have a Run N Gun class except I use the Vector with laser. I use it occasionally but to be honest for me it gets boring rather quickly. It kind of leaves me 1 dimensional and reckless, sure I can get plenty of kills with SMG's and this is how I began playing BO2. I was doing what everyone else was pretty much doing. Sure there's a reason people use SMG's they are powerful on the small maps in BO2. But, if used correctly IMO my setup trumps yours the majority of the time. Again, please don't forget we're just sharing opinions here and obviously skill plays a large roll no matter what gun u use. I choose my class because if we had two players of the exact same skill I believe my player wins the majority. I say this because I feel like the only time I lose to an SMG player is if he gets the drop on me or he simply is a better player then me.

#2 I like my class better because I don't need ANY weapon attachment freeing up picks for perks. The AN-94 and the 870 shotgun are Beast in stock mode.

#3 I don't agree with using Tactical mask or the Flak vest for a couple of reasons. The main reason is IMO Engineer pretty much feels the same need and it's only 1 pick. I don't have to worry about Bouncing Betty's or shock charges cause I can run right past them, kill the infidel whom planted them and then shoot his equipment for extra points + this perk almost works as well as UAV, you can see enemy equipment from pretty far away which gives away their location annnnnd I also have the benefit of booby trapping stolen care packages. I know your 2 perks help against grenades of all types, but in BO2 grenades are few and far between in TDM and FFA which is what I created this class for. Right now ALOT of people are using Betty's and shock charges so IMO Engineer is needed.

#4 Yes lightning is cool but Care packages are Funner IMO and I can get more of them. You allready use Hunter Killer, you will unlock Hunter and a Care package at the same time and by now I hope I've explained how fun that can be hehe.

#5 My class only included 8 picks so how do you know I may not be sporting Ghost or Hardline or a couple of attachments?

#6 I actually agree that the SMG's have become the NEW AR's but not in the sense that they're as powerful as the AR's were in previous games but they're definetly popular in this game like the AR's were poppular in previous games. But if you use my class as I suggested and become efficient at doing so you will beat the SMG class at Short, Medium and Long range. And most importantly you will have fun doing so. I don't care what anyone says, my class is fun simply because it's multi dimensional and it keeps you focused instead of running and gunning recklessly.
Xbox | C:MS | XIME | Latest | Samsung 24" LED Monitor | Pad: Steel Series | Sony Nav | A: Seinnheiser 558 | M:G700 | D:4000 | P:1000 | COD HIP:48 ADS:32

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06:07 PM - 11/27/12 »
lightning strike and hellfire missile. it's almost impossible not to get one without the other.. free kills.

I like using both of these but you get plenty of them with care packages, Like I said before I'm addicted to the surprise of the care package and I think it adds more fun to the game. I'm also addicted to tossing that Hunter Killer into the face of those thieving little bastards trying to touch my package  :o. I'm telling you it's freakin hillarious when you hear people raging because they thought they were going to steal your package and suddenly an explosive bird hits them in the face, hahaha, Beotch!

Nothing better than a shield troll carefully duck walking up to you, when you have a hunter killer ready to go!

Throw it high and to the side a little and the Hunter will hit them from the side or from above!  ;)
Xbox | C:MS | XIME | Latest | Samsung 24" LED Monitor | Pad: Steel Series | Sony Nav | A: Seinnheiser 558 | M:G700 | D:4000 | P:1000 | COD HIP:48 ADS:32

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:12 PM - 11/27/12 »
By the way scorestreaks are really discretionary based on game type. I don't use care packages very often in FFA simply because everyone is on your dick in a heart beat. I use UAV, Hunter and that hover thing for FFA. I can see how lightning strike and others could be very useful in some game types.

Offline ShadowIG

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Shadow IG
« Reply #36 on: 11:29 PM - 11/27/12 »
i guess for tdm and ffa your class is ok but i dont play those gametypes

another thing you need to factor in is that all these maps have a lot of ins and outs, youre not going to see me go in the open and run around like a mad man. i cut corners, dive thru windows and kill everything in sight and when that hp appears wait for the enemy to jump on it and then get that quad/penta feed and there are my free streaks

GG

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:32 AM - 11/28/12 »
@#$%? I haven't played in a few days, logged in this morning, the game updates and now my Killer drones aren't working at close range. They just fly off into the sky!

« Last Edit: 07:55 AM - 11/28/12 by RML »

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:08 AM - 11/28/12 »
i guess for tdm and ffa your class is ok but i dont play those gametypes

another thing you need to factor in is that all these maps have a lot of ins and outs, youre not going to see me go in the open and run around like a mad man. i cut corners, dive thru windows and kill everything in sight and when that hp appears wait for the enemy to jump on it and then get that quad/penta feed and there are my free streaks

GG

Sounds like you play smart, that's good but I game plan against the majority and most of them run around like a bunch of loose cannons. You're right, there are alot of ins and outs on these maps and that's why you need quick hands and you need to learn to be fluid with switching weapons. It's just an alternative way to play that I think makes the game more fun by giving me more options with a single class.

By the way I played a little Ground war this morning and still had alot of fun using this class. I did switch up my scorestreaks to UAV, Care Package and Lightning as the Drone apparently has been patched or I was just unlucky with it or something. I've been working alot of long hrs. this week, over the weekend I plan to try some more GW it was OK, alot of people to kill that's for sure!

By the way I'm not sure what quad/penta means or hp for that matter?

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01:24 PM - 11/29/12 »
^use a smg with overkill on your svu
i run the DSR with a PDW with laser sight, it works incredibly well.

if youre gonna use a shotty the 870 is a beast, the KSG is a different type of beast but i wouldnt recommend that as your backup. for some reason i have to run the KSG with primary gunfighter.

I wouldn't suggest using Overkill if you want an SMG as your secondary weapon. Seems like a wasted pick. I would just use the svu without a secondary. The first person you kill will probably hand you over an SMG 75% of the time.

Offline roads

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:25 PM - 11/29/12 »
I see more and more people using the SVU can really be an annoying weapon :D
mittyz: that's my goal in life...get one of my comments/statements in someones sig.
Humble: But just a general rule, roads will never be satisfied

Offline RML

• RC Tester
  • MVP
  • Bring out your Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:30 PM - 11/29/12 »
I'll have to give the SVU a try this weekend since I'm FINALLY going to have some time to play! Been working too much!

Offline roads

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01:47 PM - 11/29/12 »
Put a silencer on it and that CPU something so it has little recoil when firing quickly.
mittyz: that's my goal in life...get one of my comments/statements in someones sig.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:50 PM - 11/29/12 »
overkill is pointless. SMG's can do anything. as can the FAL and the TAC-45 is one of the best primary weapons in the game.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline roads

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01:52 PM - 11/29/12 »
Its fun to use.

Admin