• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Xim Edge and BF3  (Read 537 times)

Offline GloryBoyTom

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GloryBoyTom
  • PSN ID: GloryBoyTom
Xim Edge and BF3
« on: 09:01 AM - 03/27/13 »
Hey all, Ive just ordered a xim edge for my PS3 and ive had a Xim3 on my xbox for the past year.
but was wondering what people thought of bf3 using their Edge i recently tried out a friends Penguin United set up and if im honest it didnt feel good, ive only ever used my zim3 with MW3 and BO2 but ive been very impressed with how close to pc it is. Was it a case of the penguin united being shoddy or that BF3 wont work as well as CoD?

Offline Zackipedia

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GriM MagiK
Re: Xim Edge and BF3
« Reply #1 on: 09:34 AM - 03/27/13 »
I play Battlefield 3 on the PC and on the XBOX and while I can't get them to be 100% identical with one another, I have gotten them pretty close. I would venture to say that you should expect to get as much out of the XIM with battlefield 3, as you put into it. Take the time to make the necessary adjustments until it feels on par to you. As has been stated previously, a poorly configured setup will result in less than adequate gameplay.

I have not played with a Penguin United, but I know that XIM sets the standard very high, and is second to none.. Most likely, the Penguin United was just bad.
XIM Edge | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei @ 5,700 & 11,400 DPI | Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ CherryMX Blacks | Mousepad: Steelseries 4HD / Steelseries Qck+ | Headset: Astro A50 Wireless Headset | CoD: Black Ops 2 - HIP: 30.00 / ADS: 10.00

Want to embed a video?
Code: [Select]
[center][flash=720,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/{VIDEO-ID}&hd=1[/flash][/center]

Offline 2o4ch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Daylaroach
« Reply #2 on: 05:56 PM - 03/27/13 »
Works amazing with bf3. I would be playing right now if i didnt get the darn no gun glitch :o

Offline halomodder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:51 PM - 03/27/13 »
Battlefield 3 works really well on the edge/xim3. The only downsides compared to cod would be low framerate and slower turnspeed.

Offline halomodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:51 PM - 03/27/13 »
Battlefield 3 works really well with the edge/xim3. The only downsides compared to cod are the lower framerate and slower turnspeed.
« Last Edit: 10:29 PM - 03/27/13 by halomodder »

Offline Sarge400

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sarge400
« Reply #5 on: 08:55 PM - 03/27/13 »
I had a Penguin United before the XIM....I must say its a night and day comparison , works great with BF3

Offline GloryBoyTom

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GloryBoyTom
  • PSN ID: GloryBoyTom
« Reply #6 on: 05:54 AM - 03/28/13 »
Great Stuff!  ;D
My wife has gave me the green light to covert the cupboard under the stairs into my game room (Harry Potter style) I've currently got myself a razer naga but is it worth swapping it for a logitech g500? I hear that's what's used for the devopment of the ST's.

Offline Beezles

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #7 on: 07:11 AM - 03/28/13 »
I wouldn't bother - i love my g500, but if you already have a mouse that has 5600dpi and like the feel of it, no use for buying another gaming mouse.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline HVNOImpotence

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:45 PM - 03/29/13 »
Hey if you have ps3, the new patch screwed with the look mechanic of the game. I think Mist said he'd try to fix it ASAP. But in general, xim edge is amazing.

Offline Chance

• MVP
  • I use the XIM because I broke my right thumb.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
  • Gamertag: Chance SL
  • PSN ID: Chance_SL
« Reply #9 on: 02:55 PM - 03/29/13 »
I have not played with a Penguin United, but I know that XIM sets the standard very high, and is second to none.. Most likely, the Penguin United was just bad.

Penguin United are responsible for the Eagle Eye Converter, it was a mouse & keyboard adapter too, but nowhere near the quality of XIM.
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
---------------------------------------------------
Mouse-pad: SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Delay: 120

PC & Xbox 360 Slim 320 GB HDD
---------------------------------------------------

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chance_SL/

PC: Yes.
360: Yes.
PS3: No.
PS4: Maybe.
XBONE: Never.

Admin