Author Topic: Xim4 app  (Read 99 times)

Online jtsmith1978

• View Profile
Xim4 app
« on: 07:29 PM - 03/29/17 »
My xim4 app updated, but when it loads only the ps4 icon shows at the top of the screen, along with 3 yellow lightning bolt icons. It will not recognize my kb & mouse as well as it has done in the past.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim4 app
« Reply #1 on: 07:51 PM - 03/29/17 »
This is a power fault. Are you on PS4?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Online jtsmith1978

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:04 PM - 03/29/17 »
Yes i am on ps4. Just tried re-setting my xim4 and still getting the same error

Online jtsmith1978

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:26 PM - 03/29/17 »
So i google searched "power fault on ps4" and saw that apparently my kb & m are drawing too much power for the xim4 to handle, so that i needed to turn down the lights on them? So I can't really do that on my mouse (razer deathadder elite), so i turned them completely off on my keyboard (corsair strafe) and still had the same issue. So then i've unplugged that kb and plugged in an old, crappy one and now everything is working again! It just seems strange I didn't have an issue until tonight, and did i really just waste $100 on a kb that I can't use now?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 08:39 PM - 03/29/17 »
Likely it's your DS4 that is the problem. Your XIM4 can't charge it so it needs to be fully charged prior to use. There is more information on power faults here: https://youtu.be/a2cLPySzrpU

If this doesn't fix it, then, you can always use a powered USB2 hub between your mouse and keyboard and XIM4.

Online jtsmith1978

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:47 PM - 03/29/17 »
Ah ok gotcha. I think the issue was that my controller wasn't fully charged, and so when i plugged it in it was charging, and between the controller charging, my kb and my mouse it was shutting the xim4 down and that's why i was having this issue. I appreciate all the help and avice. Think buying that hub might be a good purchase in the near future 👍🏻

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:31 AM »
Glad it's sorted out. Your XIM4 can trickle charge your already-charged DS4 to keep it charged so that isn't a problem. If your setup works without issue with your DS4 charged then there is no need for a hub. But if you want to go that route please make sure it's a USB2 hub.

Online jtsmith1978

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:18 PM »
Yeah it seems if my controller isn't fully charged then the power fault happens, but if it's fully charged it works just fine. Thanks for all the info and for your help 😊👍🏻