• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: XIM2 Support FAQ  (Read 15129 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
XIM2 Support FAQ
« on: 11:57 AM - 12/27/09 »
This FAQ is a compilation of past problems and solutions. If you are having a problem with your xim this is a good place to find a solution.

First let me say while using xim1/2 it is recommended that:

-You use a mouse with at least 800dpi, most of us use 1600+ dpi.
-Mouse acceleration is removed with either the cpl fix or other means. To do this click here
-Overclocking your usb polling rate to at least 500hz if your mouse supports it.

Windows XP click here and select "usb mouse rate switcher" from the list

Windows XP SP3 hex edit instructions | download a patch here | download second patch method
You can hex edit, or download a patch. You don't need both patches, pick one. Also it is important to remember that these patches may reset your polling rate back to 125hz if you move your mouse into a different usb port after overclocking the polling rate.

Vista/Windows 7 can use the same link provided above for the CPL fix or.. click here or click here

Frequently Asked Questions

I have Windows Vista or Windows 7 64 bit and I have installed the software but I receive error messages when I try to run the xim software.

Click here for instructions on how to get the xim2 software to run properly on these operating systems.

How do I calibrate?

First plug both usb cables into your computer. Xim calibrate is located in your xim360 installation folder. You can find this by clicking windows start->program files->xim360->xim directory

How do I stress test?

First plug both usb cables into your computer. Click windows start->program files->xim360->xim debugger->stress test. After it has ran for a few thousand iterations without failures you can stop the stress test. If it does fail then you may have an issue with your xim and you should post a screen shot of the failure in the support section.

I cannot calibrate and during the install it doesn't calibrate successfully.

Uninstall your xim software. Now go to the xim360.com downloads section and install an older package. Uninstall the older package and then reinstall the latest package.

I can open my config and use xim, but when I make changes inside the xim software they don't save the next time I open that config.

Run the xim software as an Administrator.

I have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and I'm a member of the administrators group yet I cannot save or rename configs.

Sometimes even though you are apart of the administrators group you are still listed as in another group with less permission rights. To save and edit xim files you only have to do part 1 of the following, part 2 will eliminate this problem in all other system folders.

Part 1: Locate you xim360 install directory, right click on the directory and click properties. Click on the security tab at the top, now click the edit button. Find and select the "users" group and in the middle of that window check the dialog box that says allow full control. Apply and ok.

Part 2: At your windows desktop press start then run. Type "compmgmt.msc" and press enter. Find and click "local users and groups" in the navigation on the left, click on users, find your user name that you use. Right click on it and click on the "member of" tab, make sure administrators is listed, if its not add it. Also you can remove "homegroupuser", as long as your a member of administrators. Restart your computer.

When I'm shooting from the hip my crosshair moves at the speed I want it to, however when I aim down a scope/sight the crosshair moves very slow.

You need to set up your secondary sensitivity for your mouse in the xim configure app. To do this launch your config and press ctrl+enter. On the right pane of this window find your primary and secondary sensitivity. Make sure your secondary sensitivity is set higher than you primary. Usually your secondary needs to be between 200-1000 higher than your primary. Now below the secondary field adjust your sensitivity toggle button to the same button as your aim down sights button. Save the config.

My crosshair is zig zagging while looking up and down.

Locate and open your configuration file in notepad and find the line "AutoAnalogDisconnect=True" change this value to False. Keep in mind that this may fix the zig zagging however this will disable your analog sticks and triggers on the xim2 controller.

My analog sticks and or triggers don't work on the xim2 controller.

These buttons only work when you have your xim software running, or you have AutoAnalogDisconnect set to false for that particular config file.

How do I use the smart mouse system?

Make sure you have the latest software installed. You need r051509 that was released on may 15th. click here to download it.  Now once that is installed run your xim config file and press control+enter. Find the game field and change that value from "Unspecified" to "Halo3". Now all you will have to do is adjust your sensitivities and your button mapping.

How do I use the smart mouse system for games other than Halo3?

You can't. The halo3 smart mouse config is the only smart config that exists for xim2. It was released as a preview of the new tech, and to receive feedback.

How do I save a new config?

Locate your xim360 install directory, make a copy of default.xim in that same directory. Now rename your copy to the disired game you plan to make a config for.

Sometimes my xim software stops working and I receive this message "ERROR: Could not query Mouse/Keyboard State!"

More than likely you have another program running in windows that is conflicting with the xim software. Disable or exit out of conflicting software to fix this issue. Known software that conflicts are: Java Updater, Anti-virus/Internet Security apps, AVG, Magic Jack.

I just edited my xim config while the xim software was running and now its frozen. Whenever I try to use that config my mouse cursor has an hourglass next to it and xim never opens.

More than likely you have accidentally entered letters into your update rate field. The xim software cannot load until those letters are changed to numbers. The solution is to locate your xim360 install directory and open the config file in notepad. To do this right click on the file and choose open with, then select choose program, finally select notepad. It is very important to remember to uncheck the "always open with" dialog box. Find the line that says "InputUpdateFrequency=" and change the value after the equals sign to your original update rate.

Sometimes I lose connectivity to my xim software and when I it's reopened it cannot query the mouse/keyboard state. I also don't have any conflicting apps running in windows. I have to restart my computer to fix the problem.

This is known to happen sometimes. A quick fix is to do the following steps:
1. Kill it in task manager (ctrl+alt+del for windows xp, ctrl+shift+esc for vista and win7)
2. Unplug the xim2 from the 360, not pc
3. Run the xim2 software again, It will of course error.. try to close it via CTRL + ESC.. if that doesn't work then kill it through task manager again
4. Plug your XIM2 back into your 360
5. Run your config again and it should work

How do I fix choppy mouse movements?

Plug both xim2 usb cables into your pc and locate your xim360 install directory and run ximcalibrate.exe, if that doesn't solve your issue than it's possible you have your config set incorrectly. The cause could be a number of things, a good place to start is adjusting your deadzone higher, then lower than what you started with until you've found a value that doesn't skip.

Whenever I press three or more keys at the same time my character can only move in one direction, or the third or fourth key press doesn't register.

Some keyboards have issues with multipile keys being pressed at the same time, try a different keyboard.

My triggers and/or other buttons are going off randomly.

Make sure you have calibrated your xim. Plug both xim2 usb cables into your pc and locate your xim360 install directory and run ximcalibrate.exe. Next locate your xim debugger folder. Using windows 7 I found mine by pressing the start button, locating the xim360 folder, then clicking the xim debugger folder. Run a stress test for a few thousand Iterations. Create a new thread in the support section and post your results, preferably a screen shot of the failure/s.

I can only move in one direction on either axis.

Plug both xim2 usb cables into your pc and locate your xim360 install directory and run ximcalibrate.exe. Next locate your xim debugger folder. Using windows 7 I found mine by pressing the start button, locating the xim360 folder, then clicking the xim debugger folder. Run a stress test for a few thousand Iterations. Create a new thread in the support section and post your results, preferably a screen shot of the failure/s. If you do not have a failure try a different usb port. If you've tried all other usb ports, try a different computer.

My crosshair sometimes moves on it's own without me touching the mouse.

Sometimes you will have this problem when your xbox live voice output is set to play through headset, or play through both. Pull up your xbox blade go to settings->preferences->voice-> change you're voice output to "play through speakers". If you would like to see a video of the issue as a point of reference it can be found in the thread below.
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=6110.0

Specific to XIM1

My triggers are sometimes going of randomly, or when I use my triggers my view moves in two different directions and not due to recoil, or when I use my triggers another button press is also registered with the trigger.

Disable the rumble feature in your console and/or game options

My left and right triggers/bumper buttons are backwards.

This is common in the xim1 software, just adjust your button mapping to compensate for this problem.

How do I use my guide button with the blazepro adapter?

A quote from AgentRev: "Make sure everything is plugged & synced up, and that the Blazepro's switch is on "Joypad". Set it to "Dancing mat", and put it back to "Joypad". This should trigger the Guide. Note that letting it on "Dancing mat" acts as if you were holding down the Guide button, and setting it back to "Joypad" acts as if you were releasing it."

How do I use my guide button with the xconverter plus adapter?

The official method is to hold down left trigger and select button, however there has been a report that holding start + select also works. Try both.
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 04/03/11 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM Edge? Find a solution in the XIM Edge Support FAQ
XIM Edge User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM 2 Support FAQ
« Reply #1 on: 05:51 PM - 03/05/11 »
Have a problem with your XIM Edge? Find a solution in the XIM Edge Support FAQ
XIM Edge User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos