Author Topic: xim3 and ps4?  (Read 2845 times)

Offline mousati

• View Profile
xim3 and ps4?
« on: 03:14 PM - 01/07/16 »
hallo,
can i use the xim 3 with the new PlayStation ps4?
what i need for this?
i already have a xim3.

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
Re: xim3 and ps4?
« Reply #2 on: 02:08 PM - 08/21/16 »
I haven't posted in forever so fill me in here. Basically that plugs into my xim3, the xim 3 thinks it sees a 360 controller, and it outputs ps4 controls correct? I do wish to purchase a xim4 in the very near future but this may hold me over on my ps4 and xim3 yes?

edit: Ahh ok I see...I leave my xim3 hooked up like normal (keyboard, mouse and 360 controller) and then my xim3 plugs into this adapter that plugs into my ps4. Got it!! Not worried about chat and sound as I use sony Golds so all good there. Sweet!
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
Re: xim3 and ps4?
« Reply #3 on: 11:46 AM - 12/31/16 »
update to this:

I wound up getting a Cronus Max Plus as I have a friend who works at Gamestop and got me a nice discount. It works PERFECT!! I don't see why there's some hate  for this adapter but man it works great with my xim3. Zero input lag and with some tinkering finding what translators work, I love it. I also got my Logitech GT wheel to work.

Now, with the cronus you can use it alone for keyboard and mouse. I tried this and setup is a nightmare. I opted to use my xim3 with it and settings on the fly are just like on ol 360.

So...Setup your xim 3 like you would for a 360 console, the xim3 plugs into a 4 port hub along with your PS4 dual shock controller. This allows the Cronus to authenticate a PS4 controller and then translate what it thinks as a 360 controller (xim3) to PS4.

No lag, @#$% near pc 1:1 after tweaking and I've tried it on Cod Remastered, Battlefield 1, Battlefront and Siege. Siege still needs some tweaking and finding the best translator. Not 100% happy with it yet but it works very well.

p.s. does anyone know or remember if we could program a 2 button combo onto 1? for example: L1 + R1 = (mapped single button). Can't find anything in search
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Admin