Author Topic: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]  (Read 54806 times)

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
Re: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]
« Reply #810 on: 10:10 AM - 03/17/17 »
Thanks for the summary, I feel so out of the loop with some of this inside baseball stuff, lol.

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 10:42 AM - 03/17/17 »
Destiny.

Ive been through all 55 pages but couldnt find any decent setup for destiny. Does anyone have anything good to share with us Destiny scrubs? RML please please test some of these in Destiny i would love a setup from you.

Thank you.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 11:32 AM - 03/17/17 »
My results with Destiny have been inconclusive. With so many the different  aim assist values across all the guns/scopes/barrel mods, it's pretty much impossible to dial in an ideal setting.

I've found some success with SA5-NPD.  Ive tried no curve with high boost (60-70)  and a mild curve with low boost (5-15).  Right now I'm trying the curve/10 boost and it feels pretty good.

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 01:36 PM - 03/17/17 »
My results with Destiny have been inconclusive. With so many the different  aim assist values across all the guns/scopes/barrel mods, it's pretty much impossible to dial in an ideal setting.

I've found some success with SA5-NPD.  Ive tried no curve with high boost (60-70)  and a mild curve with low boost (5-15).  Right now I'm trying the curve/10 boost and it feels pretty good.

Could you share the the setup (curve) so i can give it a try? il leave some feedback once i try it out.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 05:16 PM - 03/17/17 »

Could you share the the setup (curve) so i can give it a try? il leave some feedback once i try it out.

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AA8cKDI8RlBaZG54goyWoKq0vsjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

This setup is at 4000dpi if you're curious. One of thepr0's curves, slightly modified.

Offline dave079

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 01:48 AM - 03/20/17 »
Does this improve Aim smoothness on Battlefield 1? Does it improve my accuracy?

Offline thepr0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZThepr0
« Reply #816 on: 11:32 AM - 03/23/17 »
Honestly go with the gold firmware builds. These firmwares can complicate things.  You can basically accomplish the same thing these firmwares provide with a simple curve.  Also for battlefield 1  you can get away with using no curves just the standard st

Offline REFur

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: dankattack
« Reply #817 on: 09:58 AM - 03/25/17 »
Honestly go with the gold firmware builds. These firmwares can complicate things.  You can basically accomplish the same thing these firmwares provide with a simple curve.  Also for battlefield 1  you can get away with using no curves just the standard st
I'm sorry but I very strongly disagree. Perhaps it's my mouse but SA3 firmware with SA on is the only thing that removed the horrible floaty input problem I've had with BF1 since I got my Xim4. In my opinion curves are more likely to complicate things as input translation is inexact by design using curves.

Offline thepr0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZThepr0
« Reply #818 on: 12:35 PM - 03/25/17 »
At the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference.  There is no right or wrong way on how to use your settings as long as it feels right for you.  Copying or using someone else's set up based on their opinion might not work for you. The best way is to find something your comfortable with and stick to it.

Offline REFur

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: dankattack
« Reply #819 on: 03:51 PM - 03/25/17 »
At the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference.  There is no right or wrong way on how to use your settings as long as it feels right for you.  Copying or using someone else's set up based on their opinion might not work for you. The best way is to find something your comfortable with and stick to it.
This I agree with! In addition, I think it's important to try modifying one value at a time. All too often I see someone go from say, Zombieguy's exact setup, to some setup with a wonky curve and altered dead zone or coefficient values and at that point it's no shock that the new setup feels just as wierd. Taking the time to learn what each setting actually did was the only way for me to deduce what to change. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted playing with deadzone and coefficient only to learn that I was destroying my muscle memory and forcing wierd jumps in mouse movement.

Try a new curve, or try steady aim, or adjust your sensitivity, but only change one at a time. Otherwise you will never figure out what is wrong with the default setup on your hardware in the first place. :)

Offline digital blasphemy

• Run, think, shoot, live. Black Mesa....
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Digital Blasphemy
  • PSN ID: DigLtaLbLaspheme
« Reply #820 on: 01:04 PM - 03/26/17 »
This I agree with! In addition, I think it's important to try modifying one value at a time. All too often I see someone go from say, Zombieguy's exact setup, to some setup with a wonky curve and altered dead zone or coefficient values and at that point it's no shock that the new setup feels just as wierd. Taking the time to learn what each setting actually did was the only way for me to deduce what to change. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted playing with deadzone and coefficient only to learn that I was destroying my muscle memory and forcing wierd jumps in mouse movement.

Try a new curve, or try steady aim, or adjust your sensitivity, but only change one at a time. Otherwise you will never figure out what is wrong with the default setup on your hardware in the first place. :)

These things above are true. Also, your only going to be as good as your smarts and retraction time allow. Improve your dexterity and hand eye coordination with exercise. Or how good are the people you play games with?

This video is for CSGO but the idea is true for anyone useing a mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBuiD11WDM

http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/
G502  12000 dpi 1000hz - Astro A50 - 32 inch mouse pad
Half Life:  Hgrunt N Robo

What an amazing accomplishment xim4 has become .

SA4 gameplay.
https://youtu.be/5eeYvLRrRpc
https://youtu.be/KSRehsWyOek
https://youtu.be/Ta-haTfVDpU

Offline BulletChaser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: none
  • PSN ID: none
« Reply #821 on: 10:43 AM - 04/02/17 »
i tested all fw except sa4,the reason was some comments which convinced me to leave it,but today i install
sa4 and honestly i was shock why i not used it before its amazing it does not slow down your aim assist and
still snapped on target very well.i am a big fan of strong aim assist but after using this sa4 which has a very less aim assist of all other fw im getting addicted to it.there isn't so much comments about this sa and which i also think people quite underestimated this sa but i would say to those who didn't try it yet go for it and tell your experiance.

ads - 3.50
hip - 12
dpi - 12000
cloth pad

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
« Reply #822 on: 11:01 PM - 04/02/17 »

These things above are true. Also, your only going to be as good as your smarts and retraction time allow. Improve your dexterity and hand eye coordination with exercise. Or how good are the people you play games with?

This video is for CSGO but the idea is true for anyone useing a mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBuiD11WDM

http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

Can this tutorial apply to XIM4?
Platforms: PS4
XIM4Flash-STEADYAIM5 NPD
Mouse: Logitech G700s, G502 Proteus Spectrum
Mousepad: Logitech G440 & G640
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver, Sony NAV controller
Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z
Headphone: Astro A50 Gen2

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 11:26 AM - 04/03/17 »
Is 20170103 firmware with steady aim on and 0 boost the same as SA5 with steady aim on but also 0 boost?

Because SA5 is values 1-100 only. So if I check steady aim, but choose a value of 0, it have to be the same as normal 20170103 firmware with steady aim on and 0 boost, am I right?

But, it feels different, although I did not choose any value for boost in SA5. Maybe it's a placebo effect.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 05:37 PM - 04/04/17 »
Ive noticed the same Sorothos SA4 compared to SA3 with no boost checked feels different for me as well.

OBsIV would it be possible to run the smart trainer with multiple weapons and blend them together or merge mulitple data together to make a better overall look mechanic.

Example run one session with pistol, one with smg, one with assult, and one with snipers then see where the changes are and average them together to help create a translator that works well among all the slight look mechanic changes.