Author Topic: Shipping rates are rediculous  (Read 130 times)

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
Shipping rates are rediculous
« on: 11:52 AM - 04/21/17 »
Im very torn, my Xim4 micro usb port has broken off the pcb after about a year of being loose. I have contacted the support staff and got an rma number and was informed that repairs will be around $45 which is fine, but shipping will be $59! I don't understand why you don't have more shipping options as I can ship this item to you guys with full tracking for $13 yet it costs $59 to ship it back. with fedex.

I love the product, you guys have made an amazing device that works great but you really need more shipping options than just FedEx international as its super expensive :(

edit: Changed my post as I mis-understood your support staff about a out of area fee
« Last Edit: 02:09 PM - 04/21/17 by ragenrok »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Shipping rates are rediculous
« Reply #1 on: 12:11 PM - 04/21/17 »
We use FedEx because it guarantees it's shipping and we don't charge extra above what they charge us. What shipping method are you using that will get it to us for $10? USPS?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:00 PM - 04/21/17 »
I'd be using Canada post international. Just checked with the shipper to make sure I wasn't completly wrong (Actually went in and had the item weighed and having it shipped to the Zip code your support staff provided) and it would be $17 (CAD) for a large bubble wrap envelope that would fit the Xim and its shipping box with tracking and insurance which is about $12.50 USD.

I've edited my post as I think I  misunderstood the $34 out of area fee as a separate fee you guys collected instead of fedex charging that fee and I was being way to much of a jerk about it lol. I guess what im saying is you guys really need to look into more shipping options, I dont mind waiting a week shipping time and it being sent in a box inside a nice padded envelope for $10-$20 instead of fedex charging more than the repairs themselves cost. It would be nice to be given the option of usps, fedex, ups & purolator

If Canada post supported it I'd even pay for a pre-printed return shipping label (not sure if I could do that with Canada post)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 01:55 PM - 04/21/17 »
If you can recommend a shipping option we could use for you, then, I can contact your fulfillment group to see if they can ship back using the method you want. We can use USPS on the return shipping, but, the only catch is that we can't guarantee the shipment like we can with FedEx.

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:06 PM - 04/21/17 »
That would be awesome, as long as it has tracking and insurance im perfectly fine with just a padded envelope or small box like Canada post here does. I think usps charges like $24 for either which while still high is significantly better than $50-$60 fedex wants :P 

If thats cool with you then I can drop this thing off today after work and get it sent out to you guys, sooner I do the sooner I can stop getting my butt kicked in bf1, my 4 year old aims better with a joystick then I do lol. Thank you so much for being awesome, especially since I started off as pretty hostile and probably didn't deserve you trying to help me the way you are.
« Last Edit: 02:11 PM - 04/21/17 by ragenrok »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 05:14 PM - 04/21/17 »
Do you have an RMA#? Can you PM it to me?

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:41 PM - 04/21/17 »
PM sent :)