• ABOUT
    XIM News & Information.
  • STORE
    Purchase XIM Products.
  • FORUM
    Join The Community.

Author Topic: Mouse Delay? *RESOLVED*  (Read 3382 times)

Offline jrod0208

• View Profile
Mouse Delay? *RESOLVED*
« on: 09:21 PM - 10/01/10 »
I'm having the mouse delay problem where the movement of my hand doesn't exactly match up with the movement on screen. Its very close but its a few too many milliseconds behind the movement of my hand. I've messed with all the settings and configs and it just doesn't help. How do i get that 1:1 mouse movement? Is anyone else having this problem? I'm playing on a 52 inch LCD tv through HDMI. I don't know if that matters or not. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 11:27 PM - 10/01/10 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Delay?
« Reply #1 on: 09:38 PM - 10/01/10 »
The tv and connection may matter. Some tv's have alot of post processing and/or a high response time that is really noticeable when you use a mouse and keyboard. Make sure your input is set to game mode if that is available. You can also try component cables they may get rid of that floaty feeling. With that said there are other aspects that can cause this.

What game are you playing? Can you post your entire config you're using? Be sure to recalibrate, the instructions are in the support faq located in my signature.
« Last Edit: 11:28 PM - 10/01/10 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline jrod0208

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:12 PM - 10/01/10 »
Hey man thanks alot for the input. I tried my component cables just now and you were right. It got rid of the floaty delay feeling. I guess it WAS my @#$% old hdmi cable. I had no idea that would affect it. Thanks again for the help.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:26 PM - 10/01/10 »
No problem, remember component cables are practically an hdmi cable. You aren't really losing much quality.. most people can't tell the difference. And it's still a good idea to recalibrate often, I do once a month.

Offline mikey1804

• View Profile
Re: Mouse Delay? *RESOLVED*
« Reply #4 on: 01:53 AM - 10/02/10 »
if you still want the best quality picture like me you want to buy a good hdmi cable like this one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_9?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1286005669&sr=8-9
ones that's gold plated and oxygen free, not all of them are good, this one has good reviews

Offline ABigDeal

• RC Tester
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
« Reply #5 on: 03:31 AM - 10/02/10 »
With lag find out how much MS your tv has, i came from a 52" inch tv to a 28" monitor with 3ms lag and it was a maaassssive difference.

in regards to HDMI cables if you can get a gold plated one cheap i guess go for it, other than that your being taken for a ride.
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:08 PM - 10/04/10 »
Not only the cable as a possible source of lag. More likely the firmware on the TV is doing extra video processing on hdmi sources. Or lagging the video in an attempt to sync with an audio lag it might have with over HDMI. All those jazzy features come at a cost to video delay. This is why you see "Gaming mode" on some TVs. All that mode does, is turn off all the post processing and filters to speed things up.

The only way to really eliminate video lag is going back to CRT.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:24 PM - 10/04/10 »

Amen.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:33 PM - 10/04/10 »
Not only the cable as a possible source of lag. More likely the firmware on the TV is doing extra video processing on hdmi sources. Or lagging the video purposely in an attempt to sync with an audio lag it might have over HDMI. All those jazzy features come at a cost to video delay. This is why you see "Gaming mode" on some TVs. All that mode does, is turn off all the post processing and filters to speed things up.