Author Topic: Latest Version of XIM360 Software  (Read 17093 times)

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
Latest Version of XIM360 Software
« on: 03:26 AM - 01/15/11 »
Hey guys,

Until the "Downloads" part of the site gets migrated over, here are two links to the latest version of the XIM360 software:

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6652.0;attach=1456

or

http://www.ximhub.com/files/XIM360install-r051509.exe
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline pcblaschka

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: realsacksmacker
Re: Latest Version of XIM360 Software
« Reply #1 on: 10:36 PM - 03/30/13 »
I assume the XIM360 software is the SW I need to run the XIM Edge? These versions of XIM and nomenclature are difficult to understand. I wish XIM would clarify.  This should be simple: Own a XIM Edge, download a XIM Edge software package.  Own a XIM 3, download XIM3 SW.  Call them the same packages, but please don't make me guess what to download.

Offline Xog

• MVP
  • Yarr! Hand over yer goods, or yer dead!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Gamertag: Pirate Bandito
« Reply #2 on: 02:08 AM - 08/07/14 »

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6652.0;attach=1456

Anyone else having trouble downloading this? It starts downloading and when its about to finish I get "Failed - Network Error"

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:25 PM - 08/08/14 »
It seems to download cleanly for me.  Maybe restart your browser or something?

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: 09:10 PM - 08/11/14 »
It seems to download cleanly for me.  Maybe restart your browser or something?

i'm still getting the problem - restarted modem, restarted pc, cleared cookies/history, tried a different browser even, idk man.

http://i58.tinypic.com/ofws3l.png

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2898334?p=ui_download_errors&rd=1
"Network Error - Unknown network error. There was a problem with the network during the download. Try again later."

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:35 PM - 08/11/14 »
I just tried with three different browsers and all three managed to download it cleanly.

Do you have an anti-virus or firewall installed that might interfere with unknown *.exe downloads?

Also try the second link in the original post.  If that fails too, then I'm guessing either the AV/firewall thing I just mentioned, or there's some issue with your internet connection.  But probably AV/firewall.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: 10:13 PM - 08/11/14 »

Also try the second link in the original post.  If that fails too, then I'm guessing either the AV/firewall thing I just mentioned, or there's some issue with your internet connection.

are you clicking the same link i am?

http://i61.tinypic.com/n6z809.png

edit: just selected "disable" on my avast! firewall and it actually downloaded. that's the first time i've ever had a problem downloading a file in my life. why would avast! block this download from the XIM site?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:00 PM - 08/11/14 »
Heh, sorry, I didn't actually try the second link, I just saw it and thought I would mention it.  Oops.   :-[

Anyway, Avast is probably set up to try to keep anyone from unintentionally downloading, and possibly automatically running, an executable.  Tricking people into running programs is the #1 way of getting into their machines.

If you tell it that you trust xim3.com and xim4.com, it will probably not interfere anymore.

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: 11:01 PM - 08/11/14 »
Heh, sorry, I didn't actually try the second link, I just saw it and thought I would mention it.  Oops.   :-[

Anyway, Avast is probably set up to try to keep anyone from unintentionally downloading, and possibly automatically running, an executable.  Tricking people into running programs is the #1 way of getting into their machines.

If you tell it that you trust xim3.com and xim4.com, it will probably not interfere anymore.

i download files all the time, .exe files too, never had that problem. strange.

and to add to that, the other XIM softwares downloaded just fine when I tried on aug 7

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:04 PM - 08/11/14 »
It might be to do with the name.  I'd bet that gamers are tricked by other gamers a lot, or at least by scammers posing as gamers, so it might be the combination of a name that has "360" and ends with ".exe".  I really can't say, I can only guess.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:06 PM - 08/11/14 »
It could also be that there was a very recent threat to do with a name like that, or with a site called ximsomething.com, and so they just sent out new detection patterns that said, "Don't let 'em download *360*.exe from xim*.com" without knowing it would interfere with genuine use.

You might actually want to report the false positive to the Avast people.

Admin